Every student has to face board exams twice in their life, and there is always stress and anxiety regarding this exam. Most students consider their board exams to be the ultimate of all and try giving their best in them. Board exams are usually a long process that will demand your complete attention and dedication through the entire process and not just the night before your exam. This is why it becomes important to plan your method of preparation from the beginning and work according to that.
Keeping your preparation in mind, you might be able to put an estimate of your grades. There will also be exams that you will face before your boards and it might be the case that you are not satisfied with those grades and want to improve them for your boards. In that case, you will need to buckle up and work harder to reach your desired grades. However, if you still feel confused and unsure of what should be your plan of action that would help you in fulfilling your target, you need not worry. Here are 10 guaranteed ways in which you can improve your grades in the board exams. These tips will surely help you clear all your doubts and confusions.
- SELF STUDY: In between all the pressure and workload of attending school, coaching, and private tuitions, a student ends up skipping the self-study part. Usually, the reason behind that is exhaustion from a tight schedule due to which a student is unable to take out time for themself to study at home. However, this can greatly decrease your chances of getting good grades in your board exams. Self-study also helps you determine the topics in which you are having difficulty understanding and you can take that to your tutors or teachers for help.
- TIME TABLE: If you want to improve your grades, you will have to manage your time efficiently and take a few hours from your schedule that will be solely for self-study. This will always keep you up to date with whatever is going on in school and will not burden you in the end. Once you start studying at home daily following a proper timetable, you will understand the effectiveness yourself.
- NCERT TEXTBOOKS: Your grades depend to a great extent on your study materials. And you mustn’t get overpowered by the influence of your friends or others asking you to study from reference books and ditch your generic NCERT textbooks. This is because your NCERT textbooks are recommended by the CBSE board and will provide you with all the relevant information necessary for writing the best answers in the exam.
- PRACTICE: Nobody can deny the importance of practising to improve your grades in the final board examination. As the saying goes, practice makes one perfect, and your board exam demands perfection and accuracy in your answer script. For this, you will have to solve the in-text questions from the chapter and the exercise questions at the end of the chapter. These questions follow the exact pattern of boards and are likely to be asked in your exams too. If you find difficulty in solving these questions, you need not worry about that as well. You can refer to CBSE Solutions. These solutions are prepared by experienced teachers and you will have guaranteed improvement in your grades if you follow these thoroughly.
- MOCK TESTS: Mock tests are beneficial as attempting these tests can give you a trial before the final show. You will get numerous mock tests online and you must attempt these as many times as possible. You will get the entire idea of how your board exam is going to be. This will help you assess yourself as well. It is recommended that you take these tests seriously with proper timers and with honesty. This will have a positive impact on your grades.
- PRESENTATION SKILLS: There are few details that people usually tend to miss out on. One such is your presentation of the answers. Every student is expected to give the correct information in their answers but very few will frame it properly, citing examples, giving related diagrams, and charts. You also should focus on the tidiness of your answer script and if possible, use two different inks to highlight the important points and lines with the other ink. You can also underline important lines if you want to. Your paper should be pleasing to the eyes of the examiner.
- REVISION: If you do not revise before your board exam, you will not be able to fetch good grades. This is because it is important to recall and remember whatever you have studied in the past. This will help you to write accurate answers. If you do not revise and start reading new topics, that might negatively affect your grades.
- PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS: Questions might indeed get repeated in your exam from the previous year papers. Hence, it becomes important for you to solve those questions, a minimum of the last 5 years and a maximum of the last 10 year questions, to understand what questions are more important and which topics have fewer chances of being asked in your year.
- DETERMINE YOUR WEAK POINTS: It is necessary to determine your weak points to improve your grades. This will ensure that you are giving equal effort in all the topics that you study and it will let you have a balance in the grades you score. Do not neglect or fear any particular topic or subject if you are facing difficulty in that. Rather, spot it and work on it even more so that you can give your best without any compromise.
- PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HEALTH: Lastly, do not make the mistake of undermining the importance of good mental and physical health. These things are equally responsible for impacting your grades and must be taken good care of.
These are ten guaranteed ways that you can follow to improve your grades in your board exams.